A number of residents evacuated an Annapolis retirement dwelling early Monday morning after a fifth-floor unit caught hearth, inflicting $300,000 price of injury, in response to the Annapolis Fireplace Division.
Fireplace crews responded to Baywoods of Annapolis at about 3:05 a.m. and had been met with heavy smoke circumstances once they reached the fifth flooring to extinguish a fireplace affecting one unit on the persevering with care facility, in response to a information launch from the division. The hearth didn’t lengthen outdoors of the affected unit, and the hearth crews had been in a position to extinguish the blaze. Nobody was injured by the blaze, the division mentioned.
Some residents of the fifth flooring evacuated to the foyer of the constructing, whereas others sheltered in place, in response to the discharge. The American Purple Cross is aiding any residents who could also be displaced from the hearth, however the hearth division mentioned they didn’t know what number of residents could be displaced.
The reason for the hearth remains to be below investigation by the Annapolis Fireplace Explosives Companies Unit. The hearth originated within the patio space of the unit, in response to the discharge.